So you’re wondering how you can create a separate space while maintaining an open feel or maybe your tired of the traditional window treatments…MIX features a variety of decorative screens that will give you that sense of privacy. The concept originated in China with elaborate artwork displayed on the panels and can still be found in modern design.
Here are some helpful tips when using a decorative screen:
- Use a screen to divide a large room to create interest and a backdrop for furniture.
- Place a screen over a skylight to create intimate lighting.
- Place a screen in an awkward corner with an uplight behind it to create a cool lighting look.
- Divide a room to hide a messy office desk.
- Mount screen to a wall and place it behind a mattress as a headboard.
- Place in a child’s room that is shared.
- Use a screen in place of closet doors or window panels.
- Hand painted screens serve as room artwork and can add a burst of color and texture to a space.
- Use a screen to create an entry space or foyer where there is none.
Stop by our two showrooms on La Brea in Los Angeles to get the look, our design team will be happy to help !